Wednesday 23 March 2011

Early morning mangrove run

The nights are drawing in a bit and bringing the new season... there is just a hint of it in the air... or so I thought until yesterday when it hit 31degrees again! My mind and my body are definitely ready for a change of season and although the hours of light suggest it is on its way, last night was still a muggy, hot one- hard to sleep in that! Oh well, I'm sure I'll be dreaming of the long summer days in a few more months but for now I just have to practice patience- in a few areas of my life... something I've never been very good at! At least with the changes to the light it makes running in the mornings and evenings at the moment more interesting- the sunrise and sunsets are a softer light, full of colours (rather than the harsh light that suggests half the day is already gone, that you wake up to in mid-summer). This pic of the mudflats under the mangroves at the brisbane botanic gardens that I ran through this morning capture this light... Bring on beautiful autumn runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment