Thursday 21 July 2011

family time out!

I have had a 360degree life flip in the past few days. On Wednesday I was in bustling San Fransisco. On Thursday I was mid-air (yes the whole of Thursday!). I was back in Brisbane on Friday morning and spent the day washing, printing photos and catching up before packing again and setting off on a road trip on Friday night. Destination: Cunnamulla! Well close enough anyway, I have family with a property on the Warrego River and it is a super special place. Time there was spent fishing, eating, cooking (lots of cooking- I think we had 25 at meal times!), walking, talking, reading,  running (a bit) and just being. Being amongst beautiful, dear family and friends. Being away from phone reception, email and work. And not just away... really far away. There is something so wonderful about being able to completely switch off and detatch from the real world. I need to remind myself to do it- to make the effort to do the 9(ish) hours drive each year- the reward is more than worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment