Saturday 9 July 2011

magical mont-royal run

Just a quickie! Loved the Mont Royal run path today- summer sunshine + beautiful trees = lovely dappled light covering the track that winds up and up the mountain until you get to the top for views of the city...
Then winding back down again and finding caffeine courtesy of Cafe Olympico... In my journal I wrote:
Vrai Italiano. Vrai Communite.
Dads with kids. Grandparents with kids.
Smoking grandfathers (not nr the kids!).
Philo. Convo's.
Barista pauses to embrace Mamma when she walks in- orders on hold despite the queue. How it should be!

Post caffeine I had a community moment of my own when I passed by one of the best patisseries I have ever seen. Staring in the window (drooling!) another girl came up and looked in too. We were both holding pieces of fruit at the time- obviously trying to be healthy- so she suggested we share something. Just like that! The patisseur (?!) was happy to oblige- cut an almond croissant neatly in half, wrapped each half up with paper and string and sent us on our way. Already delerious with community good faith, the chocolate and almond mix melted in my mouth and sent me to foodie heaven!
Thankyou Montreal!
 L. x

No comments:

Post a Comment