Thursday 6 October 2011

inspire-ation

TED is not new but there are always new ideas, new people and new thoughts to stimulate and inspire...
Most recently for me was this quick (3 minutes of your day- watch it!) video by Matt Cutts who talks about using a 30 day challenge to try something new- something you have always wanted to do but haven't been able to start before. The theory being that if you can commit to it for 30 days then you will be on the road to establishing it as a habit...
http://www.ted.com/talks/matt_cutts_try_something_new_for_30_days.html
The idea of using habit forming challenges is not one that is new and there are loads of people in the blogosphere who create them and blog on them. Jen, over on smilewithyourheart, another lovely and inspirational blog I read regularly, always has a 40 day challenge going. I guess it's the idea of maintaining a consciousness about what you are doing in your everyday- striving to be better. It all sounds pretty good to me... perhaps I should be thinking about my own 30 day challenge... Details TBC!
L. x

No comments:

Post a Comment