Thursday 1 September 2011

Last day of winter!

I know I have been super lucky in that I have had a months holiday during the Aussie winter this year but even so I still feel ready for a change of season. I love that each season brings a change in the air and the weather. In the sky and daylight hours... The days are lengthening again and the pic below is the evening sky over brisbane on the last day of winter...
I'm also get quite excited about the possibilities of what lies ahead- it's as though each season is a mini "new year"- an opportunity to start fresh and consider goals and commitments for the coming months... In fact the more I think about it the more I like the idea if breaking the year up according to the seasons. Today I cleaned my desk, organized my work and even built some new shelves so I can manage my storage! How is that for a spring clean?!
Things I'm looking forward to this season: maintaining my self imposed clear desk policy; continuing to build on my training programme, especially getting into the pool more as the weather heats up; plotting and planning hiking and camping trips for the spring and summer... Hooray!
Good bye winter. It's been lovely to see you for a little while but it's definitely time we parted ways for another year! L.

No comments:

Post a Comment